Come see how the globe’s best spiced rum is made and learn about the man behind the legendary Captain Morgan Rum.
Diageo holds the health and well-being of our guests, team members and the communities in which we serve as our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and recommendations from the CDC, state and local authorities.
We have decided to close the Captain Morgan Experience Center in St. Croix, effective March 16, 2020. The closure will remain in place until health and local government advice changes. Our goal is to minimize the risk to our guests, their families and our team members.
The Captain Morgan brand is a proud member of the St. Croix and USVI community and we look forward to welcoming you again in the not-so-distant future.
You can find the latest guidelines on COVID-19 by visiting the Centers for Disease Control, as well as visiting the USVI website:
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html USVI: https://doh.vi.gov/
- Is the Captain Morgan Experience Center going to remain open?
- No. The health and well-being of the communities we serve is our number one priority. On the advice of local health authorities, the Captain Morgan Experience Center has made the decision to close its doors to visitors effective March 16, 2020 until further notice. The closure will remain in place until health and State advice changes.
- Will you be offering tours?
- No. The health and well-being of the communities we serve (and of our own people) is our number one priority. As well as closing the Visitor Center until further notice, we are cancelling guided tours at the distillery, and not taking any new bookings. We have added additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the building and increased sanitation efforts across all surfaces and spaces in the building.
- I made plans/booked a hotel to visit.
- What gives? The health and well-being of the communities we serve is our number one priority. Based on advice from local health authorities and the state, we felt it best to close our doors until further notice. Our goal is to help minimize the risk to our guests, their families and our people, and we appreciate your understanding.
- When will operations return to normal?
- The Captain Morgan Visitor Experience team will make an announcement once operations have returned to normal. We will keep the St Croix tourism team updated on our plans.
- Will the staff of the Captain Morgan Experience Center be compensated while tours are closed?
- Production at the site continues as usual and we are re-assessing staffing requirements over the coming days.
- Will the supply side remain operational?
- At this time supply will continue normal day-to-day operations.
The Captain Morgan Experience is located just off the Melvin Evans Highway, on the south shore of the island at #1 Estate Annaberg & Shannon Grove. The Captain Morgan Rum Distillery offers daily weekday tours to learn about this fascinating craft.
CAPTAIN MORGAN GIFT SHOP
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY – FRIDAY
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
SATURDAY/SUNDAY by Appointment
MONDAY – FRIDAY
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (every 30 minutes)